YOUNG or OLD
Our Photo Competition is for EVERYBODY
The theme for our competition is HOME
How would you interpret that?
A loved one’s arms?
A boat coming into harbour ?
Sheep in a pen?
A warm fire in a hearth?
or even an abstract that conveys a sense of HOME
Get creative and enter our Photo Competition
– or have a look back through your old photos,
maybe you’ve got an entry already
There are 3 age groups in the Competition:
12 years and under (Entry 50p per photo)
13 years to 17 years (Entry 75p per photo)
18 years and over (Entry £1 per photo)
Each winner will receive a canvas print or a framed print of their image*
Revs Simon & Louise Moore will be the judges – the winners will be announced on 8 October.
All the competition entries will be displayed in the Church over the weekend of 8 and 9 October at the Photography Exhibition. Also on display will be the submissions to the Silsoe Greetings Card Project. There’ll be cake and refreshments as well as craft stalls from local businesses. Entrance to the Exhibition is FREE.
Download an entry form here
The competition rules:
1. The competition closes at 6:30pm on 7 October 2022.
2. Your age on 7 October 2022 will determine which age category a photo is entered in.
3. You may enter up to 5 photos, which must be your own work – an image may be manipulated in Photoshop (or similar) if you wish.
4. Photos must be submitted as unframed prints but you may use a mount if you wish.
5. Maximum print size is A3, minimum is 6″ x 4″. Recommended size is A4.
6. Your name must not be visible on the photo or mount and the images must not be watermarked. The title may be included in the image or may be displayed separately.
7. Your name and the title of the photo must be written on the back of the print.
8. Your photo(s) can be delivered to Silsoe Church between 4pm and 6:30pm on 7 October or delivered to Gillian Chapple at 7 Vicarage Road, Silsoe, MK45 4ED prior to 7 October.
9. Photographers retain the copyright of their image but, by entering the competition, authorise (without fee or royalty) the public display of the image for the purposes of the Competition and, subsequently, in publicity (including on church social media & websites) and/or newsletters and/or fund-raising initiatives for Silsoe Parochial Church Council.
* Depending on the format and quality of the winning images and there having been at least 10 entries in the class.